Total Pageviews

Friday, September 17, 2010

50 Nuggets

Have you ever been an employee working late at an eating establishment? If you have then you must know how crappy it is to have someone come in during the wee hours of the night and order something completely ridiculous. The man working the McDonalds in Logan Utah at precisely 1 in the morning September 13th 2010 had one of these experiences. My good friend Brady and I got the munchies at around 1 in the morning as usual. Sadly nothing in Logan Utah stays open on a Sunday night after 5:30. So we had to get creative and we went to Mickey D's. When we got there we noticed out of the corner of our eyes a tempting little sign. It said 50 McNuggets only 10 dollars. I looked my good friend in the eyes and in that very moment I knew that we were going to get it. The only way I can describe it is when you kiss a girl or boy for the first time and you look each other in the eyes and you just know it's going to happen. That's how the nugget feeling was. I just knew.

When we pulled up for the first time all we heard on the intercom was that we couldn't pay with a credit card. This wasn't going to stop us. So we went to the nearest ATM....We showed those posers. When we came back we promptly ordered fifty processed chicken chunks with fries and cokes to boot. The man was not happy to say the least. I think it was mostly because he had a line of 5 cars at the drive and he was the only one working.

He must have been so annoyed when we pulled up to window and saw how happy our faces were. It took a little while for the nuggets to get out of the microwave, but we were overjoyed when he got to the window. As he was handing the overflowing bag to Brady the thing ripped and nuggets went all over the place. The first thing that Brady says is "Oh it's cool" As if we're going to pick up the nuggets all off the floor and eat them anyway. When he looked at how wide spread the nuggets were and how dirty the ground was he looked up at the worker and said, "Yeah we might need to get some more" That man made us 100 chicken nuggets that night. I don't know how many nuggets we ran over on the way out but it sounded like at least 37.  I felt sorry for the man, but I was laughing my buns off. The good news is that we ended up eating all the food  between just two of us. It was men vs. food and we won baby.

2 comments:

  1. You just knew huh? What an interesting statement! Anyways this is hilarious poor Micky D's man I bet he hates his job...oh well at least you got the dang nuggets haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha. Francis. You can only imagine Room 29's joy as we were FB stalking you and saw you had a blog. That was a hilarious post. I'm glad we're in the same FHE family and I'll for sure stop being a jerk now that I know how completely funny you and Brady are. :)

    ReplyDelete