Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Dentist

I HATE the dentist with every fiber of my being. Actually I must rephrase that last comment. I hate dental assistants. They seem to have every right to belittle me as a person. I'm treated like a little child every time I lay on that bed with that spotlight in my face. Honestly on average I'm told to floss my teeth at least 7 times during my dental examination. Up until now these petty attempts to scare me into flossing have not worked....until my last trip to the dentist. 

I was enduring this terrible experience with finesse.  Blood covered the paper bib that they strap on patients from my unhealthy gums, and I didn't care. This same thing happens every six months, and it's nothing new to me. 

As this lady was "showing" me how to floss (I know how, I just choose not to) she came across something shockingly disgusting. What she came across was a popcorn kernel.  Now, you may not seem to think that this was very gross, but there is a piece of information that you don't realize. I couldn't remember the last time that I ate popcorn!

Now I floss everyday. End of story.

If I would have continued with my dental patterns I would have turned out looking like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment