Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Little People

Stories about midgets (little people to be politically correct) have always intrigued me. There is a legend that there is quote a midgetville in Salt Lake City Utah. Ever since I can remember my friends and I have always dreamed about going there. A shade of doubt surrounds the midgetville even to it's very existence. From what I understand these little people will come out of their bite size houses to chuck all sorts of debris at the giants walking their streets. I suppose it must be a gated community if this is the case. At first I was appalled by the thought of midgets throwing stuff at people, but then I realized something. The realization was if giant-like people were walking my streets I'd probably throw a toaster at it. I chose to throw a toaster because it is light enough to throw, but big enough to do damage. When I heard of the retaliation tactics I became torn at whether or not I would ever visit this mystical place. I envision a place somewhat like where Willow resided in that lovable classic. Someday I wish to go there and see the little people, to make peace with them. 

Fun Fact: If you were to type in where is midget town in Salt Lake City? ChaCha will say:
"Hobbitville" is located on 13th E. about a half mile north of 1-80. The entrance is across from Westminster College.

Before I leave you to ponder about our lovable little friends I would like to leave you with my favorite midget story. My cousin Tanner is pretty cool and one time he did something so epic that I will never forget it throughout my entire existence. He was probably around 10 years old when the incident occurred. He was absentmindedly walking through the crowd after a football game, and while walking he saw something that must have turned off all inhibition in his brain. The spectacle that his eyes beheld was a midget cheerleader. There is a look that a lion gets in it's eyes when it is about to devour it's prey. I imagine that Tanner had this very look in his eyes at this moment. Without warning he took off at full speed in direction towards the cheerleader. Everyone must have been in shock at what was happening because no one tried to stop Tanner as he plowed into the cheerleader. Tanner lit her up so to speak. He actually tackled a midget cheerleader. If that isn't the funniest thing you have ever heard then I don't know what is. To my knowledge neither tanner or the cheerleader were injured. It just turned into a real awkward moment as they got up from the ground. We can all agree that midgets (little people) are fantastic and our world needs them. Thank heavens for the midget! 


No comments:

Post a Comment