Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

You can recognize my facebook?

As I was sitting here in my pleasant apartment cooking myself some scrumptious chicken and rice I realized that I needed to write a post that has been long overdue....I have a girlfriend named Candace and she makes fun of me relentlessly. Which is much deserved and I actually like it. I guess you could say it brings down that large ego of mine. One of the main topics things that she makes fun of me for is the fact that I have a hard time being all cutesy on my facebook, blog, and any other social networking devices. 


She likes to say that I'm quote "Ashamed" of the fact that she is my girlfriend. Of course this irks me right to the bones. I have my reasons for not posting my love life for the world to see. Recently I had an experience that illustrates why I don't like to be too cute online.


Not too long ago I was up in Idaho Falls, Idaho. Candace is from around that area, and I was out buying shoes for her niece's birthday present. There I am minding my own business when a sales associate walks up to me and says, "You are Brad right?" All I could do was stare at her in stunned disbelief.  She spoke before I did, "You know Candace McClure right?" It then dawned on me what she was going to say next but nevertheless I still asked, "Yeah, how did you know that?" She replied with one single word. "FACEBOOK" Do you remember that one part in Sandlot when they say Forever? It felt similar to that moment. Turns out that she was one of Candace's neighbors so it wasn't that creepy, but still weird for me. 

That experience taught me a couple things. It really doesn't matter what people think or who reads what you write. They are going to find out soon enough anyway. It also made me realize that I was in fact not ashamed to say how I feel on the internet. So Candace, when you read this just know this is me letting the world know that I love you! As cheesy as it sounds we all have to be a little cheeseball now and then don't we? Keep it real blog world. Until next time this is Bradley Francis signing out.
  
Brad and Cand


No comments:

Post a Comment