Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Man Who Was Struck In The Face

I have decided to dedicate my blog to incredulous, hilarious, (and any other ous ending adjectives that you can think of) stories from my excursions through life. The story I'm about to tell you will forever live in my memory as one of the greatest moments to ever happen in a sunday school setting. So I was minding my own business sitting in those terribly uncomfortable metal chairs. You know the ones you have to put up after the meeting is over. I hate that. Well a new lesson manual was given out for the rest of the year's required reading. Naturally the man at the front of the room was a lazy pile of trash so he decided to toss them randomly to people seated in the room. On this faithful occasion a man by the name of Gudmund Madsen was seated directly behind me. I received my little lesson manual in a very safe manner. As the book was tossed I watched it from the point of release until it was safely received into my hands, Gudmund wasn't so lucky. The man at the front of the room was attempting to toss one of these semi-heavy reading materials from the very front of the room to the very back row. A pump fake was given as he hoisted the book. I knew immediately that it would not make it to the end of the room. There was simply not enough velocity. This sparked my interest as you can imagine. My eyes followed the book as it soared over my head and smack dab into the face of our beloved Gudmund. I must describe this jolly man. He probably weighed a solid 350, and I don't believe that he could get up under his own power. The most awkward of scenes occurred immediately transpiring the incident. Grown men laughing, Gudmund howling in pain. Such an experience.  Physical pain of others sometimes brings me joy. 
Imagine this book rapidly hitting your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment