Total Pageviews

Friday, August 6, 2010

That's a Bunny My Friend

Since the creation of this blog I have had a dream to write a story about my glorious grandfather Carl Rowley. The only setback was that I didn't have a story that I deemed worthy enough to describe this fascinating man, until now. As I was sifting through the numerous memories of my grandfather I came across this little gem. Going camping with my grandpa was always an eventful occasion. Embarrassment nearly always accompanied these  fun-filled family outings. The crew on this specific date happened to be me my brother, and my granny and grandpa. Yes, you read that right we call my grandma granny. For those of you who be hatin I would direct you to this link.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVEe7TrUabg What we call my grandma, however, has nothing to do with this story. We were busy setting up camp when I realized just where we were. I felt like I had been dropped into Kid Rock's family reunion. The wife beaters were plentiful, and the beer was flowing like wine. We were minding our own business when this dirty individual approached us.

"You turkeys need any help over here?" I don't think he really said turkeys, but it makes my story a lot more funny.
"No thanks," my grandpa answered. "I see you are a fan of the coug, what do you think their chances are this year?"
"What the hell are you talking about?" The man was obviously clueless.
"Well you're wearing that hat so I assumed that you were a BYU cougars fan." At this point I was holding back tears of laughter. I couldn't believe what was unfolding before my eyes. Could it honestly be possible that this was happening?
"Oh that, well that's a playboy bunny gramps." The amazing thing was that this man didn't even crack a smile. I was on the floor at this point. This may have trumped any other experience that I had happen to me up to this point with my grandpa.
His answer was a classic old man answer, "Oh well how about that."
My grandpa is obviously the man,and I will forever cherish this little moment that I shared with him.
Easy Mistake Right?

1 comment:

  1. Because the playboy bunny and the Y look exactly the same. hahaha. this is hilarious, brad!

    ReplyDelete